Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hunter's 11th Birthday Party

This year, for Hunter's birthday, I let him invite 3 friends over to Grandpa's house on the lake to spend the night. The birthday boy had football practice until 7:30pm, but Taylor and I picked all his friends up and took them to the lake and Hunter and Brian met us there about 8:00.



This is Taylor and friends; Ari, Todd, and Ben, waiting for Hunter to arrive.


The guys snacked on some rice krispie treats and brownies that I made and then went to the designated sun porch that would be their territory for the duration of the party.


After setting up everyone's controllers to play the Wii, the guys played a few games and then headed out to the pool, where they stayed until about 11:00pm. When they came in, they snacked some MORE and play the Wii. I dozed on the couch from about 12:00am until 2:00am. I got up to get in the bed and wasn't able to go to sleep until I had made several trips into the sunroom to remind the boys that we were trying to sleep...it was about 4:00am before I fell asleep. At 7:45am I awoke, wondering what time the boys had gone to sleep. I peaked into the sunroom and saw this: 666666666







The boys had stayed up ALL NIGHT!











Hunter and Ari were playing paddle ball outside and said they came outside "when the sun came back up."

















A little later, they played some football out by the lake. Then we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast...nutrition was not my highest priority:D














































































After breakfast it was pool time again. The boat was out of gas, so no tubing, but Hunter decided they could put the Big Bertha in the pool and play on it there.








































I grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for the boys and we ate at 12:00pm. Then we cut Hunter's birthday cake...which isn't a birthday cake at all. It has become a Hunter tradition to buy a "Snicker's" cake from Winn-Dixie for his birthday every year. He LOVES them. We had cake and ice cream for dessert and then I started cleaning the kitchen. At about 12:40 I noticed everything was really quiet and I looked around the house and found this...














































































So...I started cleaning up the house and packing our stuff up in the Tahoe and just let the boys rest. I woke them up and we left about 3:00pm. They all had such a good time and Hunter had a blast. Hunter came home and went back to sleep for about 3 more hours. It was a great weekend of fun...for me and them. Hunter chose the sweetest possible boys to invite and it was EASY work having them over.

2 comments:

Julie said...

What a COOL party and COOL mom you are!!! I remember those slumber party days of staying up all night and literally crashing the next day. Now, I can barely stay up past ten. Of course, we know that will change with a newborn soon!! Happy Birthday, Hunter!!!

Dave and Mandi said...

Oh how I wish I had that kind of energy!