Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hunting Season

Well, Brian's dream of his boys becoming little "hunters" became a reality this deer season. They were finally old enough and showed interest in going hunting with him and he LOVED it. Hunter (his name indicative of his father's hopes even before he was born), was first. He killed his first deer early in the season. It was a very small doe, but it didn't matter. He and Brian just wanted him to get that first deer under his belt. Taylor followed close behind with a spike. We cooked and ate the meat, which Taylor loves. Below are pics of Taylor's kills. Hunter's deer is saved to another flash drive...I'll add them later. The squirrels seen below were killed by Taylor after deer season was over.

In the picture below, note how long Taylor's hair is. About 2 weeks after this picture was taken, I took him to get his hair cut. He went first (followed by me and Hunter). Well, after she was done with his hair, he cried and ran out of the shop. He cried outside the entire time that Hunter and I were getting our hair cuts and then all the way home. He was genuinely upset, or I would have worn his fanny out for whining. He had told me that he didn't want a haircut, and boy did he mean it. Now, it's grown back some and he's forgiven me.




The picture above is of the buck Brian killed in Butler county on his parents' land. He was hunting so deep in the swampy woods that he ended up having to field dress the deer because he couldn't get it out.








2 comments:

Ashley said...

Geez, Louise at the deer! Glad to see they're making their daddy proud! Way to go, Hunter & Taylor! SO GLAD to see all the updates! I've enjoyed reading them all today! I'm looking forward to more updates SOON (hint, hint)! Y'all are so fun! I enjoyed reading! Taylor's a cutie with long or short hair! Glad he's forgiven you. That's funny! Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you let the creatures in your house!!! Way to go guys!!!