Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Earnest Brothers' Baseball!!!



I cannot even begin to tell how proud I am of my TWO pitchers. Tonight we, the Rockies, played the best team in the city league and WON 16-5! All of the boys were so excited. We play a county team next, so our coach decided to go ahead and let Hunter pitch all 75 of his pitches before he took him out. Hunter did GREAT, which is not a surprise. Guess who the relief pitcher was???? None other than Taylor "the Ace" Earnest. Taylor came in in the 4th inning and we were already ahead by 12 runs. Hunter got to pitch to the 1st batter and then reached his limit. Taylor came in on the 2nd batter and after 4 batters got the 3rd out before they could score 3 runs and make us continue the game. (There is a 10 run rule that says after the 4th inning, if one team is ahead by 10 runs, they automatically win.) So Taylor was throwing strikes and shut the Cardinals out. Brian said he cried while he watched Taylor pitch. He really is good. I heard someone behind me in the stands say, "That's Hunter's brother." God has truly blessed my boys with some wonderful gifts and given Brian and me the pleasure of getting to enjoy it all. THANK YOU LORD!

2 comments:

Dave and Mandi said...

How sweet! Man how I miss those days with both of my little brothers!!! I can't wait to have little boys of my own.

Julie said...

Love, Love, Love the pictures of Hunter and Taylor! You did a great job "Mrs. Photographer"!!!!! God has blessed you so much!! What an awesome God we serve!!!